AxiTrader General Information
AxiTrader is a recognised and respected online FX and CFD broker offering high quality trading service and technology to retail and institutional traders worldwide. AxiTrader launched in Sydney, Australia in 2007 as the flagship brand within the AxiCorp group of companies. From a two person startup it has grown to become a well-regarded name in the industry, with nine offices worldwide servicing tens of thousands of clients in more than 150 countries.
Other AxiCorp brands include AxiSelect, a funding and development program, AxiPrime, for institutional grade traders, and AxiForex, a specialist offshoot for international money transfers.
AxiTrader is a Forex and CFD broker, with the most popular traded products including currencies, metals (gold, silver), energy (oil), agricultural commodities (coffee, soy), cash CFDs, indices and cryptocurrency CFDs.
Referring to real-time price comparisons as a guide, AxiTrader consistently presents as one of the lowest and best value brokers in the market, with spreads as low as 0.0 pips. Daily trading costs are equally minimal with no funding fees, no deposit/withdrawal fees and no minimum deposits required.
AxiTrader offers two main types of online trading account: Standard and Pro. In broad terms both accounts share the same features, with the key difference being the Standard account charging no commission for trades. Conversely, the Pro account has a small charge for each round-trip trade in return for a preferential spread. The choice of account will be determined by an individual trader’s requirements.
Traders also have access to a Demo account which is a replica of a live trading account. Due to it using virtual funds, the Demo account can be considered a risk-free training account.
Licensing, regulation & protection
Due to having a global clientele AxiTrader holds financial licensing with, and is regulated by, governing authorities in multiple jurisdictions around the world; the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC, Australia), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, UK), and the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA, Middle East).
Additionally, AxiTrader retail traders under the Saint Vincent and Grenadines jurisdiction are automatically covered by a Client Money Insurance (CMI) policy which helps protect individual traders from losses up to US$1,000,000.
Since its inception in 2007, AxiTrader has been the recipient of a number of awards including “Best MT4 Broker”, “Most Reliable Forex Broker” and “Most Trusted Forex Broker”. A full list can be viewed on the company’s website.
AxiTrader offers its trading services through the MetaTrader 4 software platform, with access provided free of charge. The company also offers a wide-ranging suite of technology add-ons (also available free) traders can use to enhance their capabilities, including:
- PsyQuation – An advanced analytics platform using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to perform statistical modelling, predict trade outcomes and reduce probable errors
- Autochartist – An analysis tool that continuously scans markets for trade opportunities tailored to a trader’s parameters
- MT4 NexGen – A custom enhancement to the standard MT4 platform, NexGen provides advanced trade management such as enhanced ordering and sentiment trading
Education and resources
AxiTrader hosts an education section with resources aimed at helping people understand trading, the structure of the markets, how to use technology platforms and similar guides and tutorials.
There is a significant focus on market news and analysis, with tailored content delivered daily and weekly via email and social media channels. The company also administers a client-only Facebook group, The Trading Circle, which is aimed at promoting constructive conversation and fostering a supportive trading community.
Disclaimer: Losses can exceed deposits.
- FCA: CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 67.7% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- ASIC: CFDs and Margin FX are leveraged products that carry a high level of risk to your capital. Trading is not suitable for everyone and may result in you losing substantially more than your initial investment. You do not own, or have any rights to, the underlying assets. You should only trade with money you can afford to lose.