A Forex trading platform, or a forex trading system, is online software with a primary target of buying and selling currencies. All financial companies, banks and brokers related to trading Forex have their own trading hubs. Such foreign currency trading hubs use sophisticated software for generating technical and fundamental analysis; besides, they produce information arrays which provide a framework for digital and statistical elements of graphs, regressive data, etc.
In most cases trading systems or platforms have real-time streaming ticker lines. Such ticker lines are constantly updated and indicate the buy/sell rate of the major currencies in pairs. Forex dealers and traders also maintain a fixed spread on the major world’s currencies. A fixed spread is constant and does not depend on the market fluctuations. Most trading stations provide the following information:
- Real-time streaming of effective prices on the major currency pairs
- Competitive pricing
- Fixed spreads
- Certainty of price for the currencies in buy and sell positions
Another very important factor of forex trading is that the more solvent a trader or an institution is, the more access they have to market information and competitive pricing. This is also reflected in the trading sessions used by investors and subscribers. They have better access to interbank prices and therefore the cost of execution of the currency trades is better for them.
In most cases the currency trading software provides the following information: -
- Real-time streaming of effective prices on the currency pairs. A trader just clicks the relevant box to confirm either sale or purchase of the currency of interest.
- An access to the margin currency account, which means that a trader gets more purchasing power with less investment.
- Immediate confirmation of currency purchase or sale. Of course the cost is written-off from a trader’s account, almost simultaneously and in a real-time mode.
There also are some options provided to limit or stop the open orders. These can be cancelled or modified at later stages of the trades. Besides, currency trading software provides a real-time indication of the profits/losses the trader had during the trading session.
It is also possible to make reports on all forex operations. These reports can be generated monthly or weekly, they can be printed out or downloaded upon a client’s choice.
Depending on forex trading packages offered by a certain brokerage to its clients, forex trading platforms may differ in the volume of the provided services.
Before getting subscribed to the forex trading software, investors have to be certain that they are aware of all the trading terms and conditions. When it comes to real trading, there may be indictable disputes between the client and the website/trading company.